Lead Pastor: Job Description
Within all things we believe that God will make clear who we should appoint and who he has planned to lead the church. The below points are what we have identified as the key needs of our fellowship.
Key information/Job Outline
- To train and inspire the future leaders of the church
- To help discern and prioritise ministry goals
- To build on the current pastoral work and help shape a wider Pastoral Team.
- To help to establish better accountability within the church
- To work alongside the current leadership to effectively plan, organise and execute the church’s strategy to Reach, Grow and Send.
- The Senior pastor will be responsible with the Elders to plan and direct the teaching in the church.
- The Pastor will be accountable to the Elders and meet regularly for a monthly review.
- This is a full-time position and we would be looking for someone who can fully immerse themselves in the life of the church
The successful candidate will be:
- An experienced pastor and church leader and good people manager
- Committed to the Lord Jesus and confident in his faith
- In agreement with the Beacon Church’s Statement of Faith and Statement on Creation
- A person who has a strong desire to reach others for Christ and equip others for Evangelism
- Spiritually mature, consistent and warm in nature
- A Godly example
- Someone with a thorough knowledge of the Bible
- Able to use electronic means of communication and administration
- Able to work on his own initiative and use his time wisely